A great fish curry recipe to try !
- Fresh Fish (like Pompfret, King Fish, etc)
- Red Chilly Powder - quarter tsp (for marinating the fish)
- Turmeric powder - quarter tsp ( for marinating the fish )
- Fresh Grated Coconut - one cup
- Red Chilly Powder - half tsp.
- (depends on how hot you want the curry. If you like hot food, you may increase the quantity)
- Turmeric powder - half tsp.
- Tamarind - half inch
- Onion - one (small)
- Dried coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Pepper - quarter tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
Clean the fish, wash and apply quarter tsp red chilly powder, quarter tsp turmeric powder, salt and keep aside.Cut finely half of the onion.
Grind finely coconut, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, tamarind, half of the onion, coriander seeds, pepper.
In a vessel, put oil and add the finely cut onion. When onion gets cooked, add the marinated fish and let cook with onion for 1 min. Then add the ground coconut mixture. Add little water (quantity of water depends on how thick you want the curry. But the curry taste good when it is a little thick).
Add salt to taste. Remove from fire when curry boils. The fish curry recipe f oGoan is ready..enjoy it !