An amazing fish curry recipe to try !
- 1 kg white fleshed fish
- 250 gms tomatoes blanched & diced
- 2 tbsp beaten curd
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 6 flakes garlic
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- small piece cinnamon bark
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 cardamom
- 1 onion
- few mint leaves
- 1 slice bread soaked & squeezed dry
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 8 green chillies
- small bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- oil to fry
- Salt To Taste
* Boil the fish and remove the bones nicely.
* Mince the small onion, 4 green chilies, mint, coriander leaves and blend with the fish along with bread, salt and garam masala powder.
* Knead to a smooth mixture, form into small balls and deep fry to a golden brown colour. Drain and set aside. Pound together the remaining spices to a fine powder.
* Grind onion, ginger and garlic to a paste. Heat 3 table spoons of ghee and fry the ground paste to a golden brown colour.
* Put in spices and fry for a couple of seconds, then put in tomatoes and curd.
* Cook till the ghee floats to the top. Put in 2 cups of water, mix nicely and cook over a low fire till all the liquid dries. Mash to a smooth paste with the help of a wooden spoon and then pour in 2 more cups of water.
* Bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
* Put in the fish balls and simmer for 5 more minutes.
* The fish curry recipe is ready to serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.